- What is Oshc?
- What are the benefits of Oshc?
- How can I extend my Oshc health cover?
- What are the different types of Oshc policies?
- How much does Oshc cost?
- How do I know if I am eligible for Oshc?
- What is the process for extending Oshc health cover?
- What are the documents required for extending Oshc health cover?
- How long does it take to extend Oshc health cover?
- What are the things to keep in mind while extending Oshc health cover?
Wondering how to extend your existing health cover? Here’s everything you need to know about extending your Overseas Student Health Cover.
Checkout this video:
What is Oshc?
Oshc stands for Overseas Student Health Cover. It is a type of insurance that is specifically designed to cover the health needs of international students studying in Australia. Every international student who comes to study in Australia is required by law to have this type of insurance in place before they can begin their studies.
What are the benefits of Oshc?
There are many benefits to having an Oshc policy. It can give you access to a range of services, including:
– Improved access to healthcare: You’ll have access to a wider range of doctors and specialists, as well as private hospitals.
– Better quality of care: You’ll generally receive better quality care in a private hospital than in a public hospital.
– Shorter waiting times: You won’t have to wait as long for treatment, as you would in a public hospital.
– More choice: You’ll be able to choose your own doctor or specialist, and you won’t be restricted by your geographical location.
Oshc can also give you peace of mind, knowing that you and your family are covered for unexpected medical expenses.
How can I extend my Oshc health cover?
There are many ways to extend your Oshc health cover. You can purchase additional cover through your health care provider, take out a private health insurance policy, or join a public hospital waiting list. You can also extend your cover by taking out a health care card.
What are the different types of Oshc policies?
There are three different types of Oshc policies:
-A policy that covers you for the entire length of your stay in Australia.
-A policy that covers you for a specific period of time, such as six months or one year.
-A policy that covers you for a specific number of days, such as 30 or 90 days.
You can usually find Oshc policies that cover you for longer periods of time, such as two years or even four years. However, these types of policies tend to be more expensive than shorter-term policies.
How much does Oshc cost?
Oshc costs can vary depending on the provider you choose, how long you need cover for, the type of policy you select and whether you want to include any additional extras in your policy.
As a general guide, three-month policies for one person travelling to Europe will start from around $270. For a family of four travelling to Asia, costs will start from around $2200.
Remember, you can always tailor your policy to best suit your needs by including or excluding certain activities and destinations. This will help keep your Oshc costs down.
How do I know if I am eligible for Oshc?
There are three main ways to know if you are eligible for Oshc. Firstly, if you are studying at a public school in Australia, you will most likely be covered by Oshc. Secondly, if your school is registered with an Oshc provider, they will be able to tell you if you are eligible for coverage. Finally, if you are studying at a private school or college, you will need to check with your institution to see if they offer Oshc.
What is the process for extending Oshc health cover?
If you need to extend your OSHC health cover, you will need to contact your insurance provider and request an extension. The length of the extension will depend on your insurance provider, but it is typically between 3 and 12 months. You will need to provide your insurance provider with proof of continued enrollment in your education program in order to extend your cover.
What are the documents required for extending Oshc health cover?
If you want to extend your overseas health cover (OSHC), you need to provide the following documents:
-Your current OSHC policy
-Proof of onward travel
-Proof of enrollment in an educational institution
How long does it take to extend Oshc health cover?
It can take up to eight weeks to extend your existing Oshc health cover. This is because your new insurer will need to review your medical records and make sure that you are still eligible for cover. If you are not eligible for cover, they may ask you to provide additional information or pay a higher premium.
What are the things to keep in mind while extending Oshc health cover?
There are a few things you need to keep in mind while extending your Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC):
– Make sure you extend your policy before your current one expires. If you don’t, you may have to pay a new member surcharge when you reapply.
– OSHC can only be extended in 12 month increments, up to a total of 3 years.
– You may be able to extend your cover for less than 12 months if you’re returning home for a prolonged break or if your visa is about to expire. However, this will usually come at a higher premium.
– If you’re planning on extend your stay in Australia, make sure your OSHC policy will cover you for the entire period. Some policies have exclusions for certain medical conditions, so it’s always best to check with your provider before extending.